From 1907 through to the 21st century, the historic events of the last 100 years and more are reflected in the corporate history of Europäische Reiseversicherung. It is also a history that is marked by entrepreneurial spirit, progress, expansion and innovation.
1907: Company established by Max von Engel at the same time as Europäische Güter- und Reisegepäckversicherungs-AG in Munich with share capital of 300,000 crowns.
1908: Austrian board of directors appointed in Vienna.
1910: First contract with Austrian State Railways.
1923: Separate Austrian stock corporation established in Vienna. Companies established with according names in other countries.
1939: Share capital to be transferred to Europäische Berlin.
1946: Europäische Güter- und Reisegepäckversicherungs-AG provisionally established in Vienna by way of a special authorisation.
1947: New founding of EUROPÄISCHE in Vienna with equity capital of ATS 250,000 ATS.
1960: Terms of insurance for luggage cover changed.
1961: Co-operation with ÖAMTC (Austrian Automobile Club) starts.
1970: General terms of insurance reviewed on account of increase in motorisation in the 1960s and growth in tourism.
2014: Dr. Martin Sturzlbaum retires from his position as CEO. Mag. Wolfgang Lackner has been named new chairman of the board of Europäische from 10.06.2014 on. Mag. (FH) Andreas Sturmlechner will join the management board.
Launch of the new Multi-Business Travel Cover for small and middle enterprises (SME).
Relaunch of the Multi-Travel Cover for privates.
The successfully established slovakian subsidiary was sold to Generali Slowakia as per 01.01.2015.
The annual General Assembly of the European Travel Insurance Group (ETIG) takes place in Vienna.