Information for our customers and partners in hotel business in Austria and South Tyrol related to COVID-19 and insurance cover
Tip: You can also find the details listed here for download ➤ InformationCOVID19-travelling_Austria_and_South_Tyrol (pdf)
The situation around COVID-19 is subject to ongoing changes. Please note the currently valid entry and residence regulations. A prerequisite for insurance cover with COVID-19 is that you fulfil the necessary requirements for leaving your place of residence, entry, transportation or accommodation (in particular sufficient vaccination or immunisation) for the planned trip, as otherwise the trip would not be allowed to take place at all.
For all existing and new insurance contracts for hotel bookings, we grant cancellation cover to the extent (scope of benefits and sums insured) of the insurance product selected in case you, as the insured customer, are unable to commence the trip,
• because you or an equivalently insured person travelling with you fall ill with COVID-19 or have a positive PCR test,
• because a close relative (*) or a person living in the same household has contracted COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required,
• because you are quarantined as a contact person to a COVID19-positive person by means of an official segregation order in accordance with the current legal provisions.
(*) Close relatives are defined as spouse (or registered partner or partner living in the same household), children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), parents (stepparents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), siblings, stepsiblings and brother-in-law/sister-in-law of the insured person - in case of a registered partner or partner living in the same household, additionally his/her children, parents and siblings.
However, there is no insurance cover
• if you do not wish to commence your stay because you wish to avoid quarantine at your place of origin on your return journey or on arrival in the destination area,
• if you do not wish to commence your stay because you are worried about an infection due to the increasing number of cases at your holiday destination,
• if the hotel cannot provide its services because the business has been closed by the authorities or the hotel is located in an area for which lockdown has been issued.
Inquiries and availability
We kindly ask you to mail all inquiries, in particular those concerning coronavirus and insurance coverage, directly to email@example.com. E-mails are usually processed by the sales team of Europäische daily.