Information for our customers and partners
in hotel business related to COVID-19 and insurance cover
Cancellation cover also in case of COVID-19 disease despite pandemic status
COVID-19 is still classified as an epidemic or pandemic (cf. WHO, Austrian health authorities).
However, for all concluded bookings insured by us or all current insurance contracts and new contracts, we provide coverage in case you, as the insured customer, cannot start the travel,
• because you suffer from COVID-19 symptoms,
• because you have been found to have an elevated temperature measured, even if a later test result is negative,
• because you were tested positive for COVID-19 without showing symptoms,
• because a close relative (*) or a person living in the same household has contracted COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required,
• because a close relative (*) in the same household has contracted COVID-19 and you must therefore be quarantined,
• because you had close contact with a Covid19-positive person (K1) and are therefore placed under quarantine by means of an official segregation order,
• because you, as a vaccinated or recovered person, had close contact with a Covid19-positive person (K2) and therefore an officially ordered traffic restriction notice or quarantine is issued for you,
• because you are unable to travel as a result of your illness during your stay. Covered are costs within the limits of involuntary extended accomodation.
(*) close relatives are defined as spouse (or registered partner or partner living in the same household), children (step children, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children), parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), siblings and brother-in-law/sister-in-law of the insured person - in case of a registered partner or partner living in the same household, additionally his/her children, parents and siblings.
However, there is no cancellation cover
• if you cannot or do not want to start the travel because you are worried about an infection due to the increasing number of cases at your holiday destination,
• if you cannot or do not want to start the travel because you are classified as a risk patient,
• if the hotel cannot (any longer) provide its service (e.g. in case of closing the hotel by official decree or the hotel is located in an area of level 5 or 6 travel warning),
• for costs taken over for mere quarantine accommodation.
As before, our premiums do not differentiate between risk patients and non-risk patients, and, as before, we do not introduce any age limits.
Inquiries and availability
We kindly ask you to mail all inquiries, in particular those concerning coronavirus and insurance coverage, directly to email@example.com. E-mails are usually processed by the sales team of Europäische on a daily basis.