for trips in Austria
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
For almost a year, the pupil L. has been looking forward to the final sports week in June, in which the whole class will participate together. But two days before the planned departure, L. suddenly gets a terrible sore throat and high fever. The doctor diagnoses a purulent tonsillitis and prescribes antibiotics and strict bed rest. The schoolgirl's dream has burst; she has to cancel her participation in the sports week. At least her parents don't suffer any financial loss: the cancellation costs of 379 Euros are fully covered by Europäische Reiseversicherung.
The SchoolTripsCover is provided for pupils, travelling in Austria. Individual or several pupils up to the age of 21 can be insured. Teachers or accompanying persons can also be insured for school trips and trips organized by the school (such as holiday-, learning-, active-camps).
All school trips in Austria as well as training-, holiday-, learning- and active-camps that take place in Austria can be insured with the SchoolTripsCover.
A maximum of 50 persons can be insured per insurance policy.
In this case, please take out a second policy for the other people.
The most important insured reasons for cancellation are:
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious health consequences resulting from an accident or death of the insured person or family members. Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- existing illness of the insured person or family members, if it unexpectedly becomes medically acute;
- failure of the insured person to progress to the next school level, in the case of a class trip;
- necessary repetition of a failed examination at a school/university by the insured person, provided that the repeat examination takes place unexpectedly during the trip period or within 14 days of the scheduled end of the trip and the trip was booked before the date of the failed examination;
- unexpected change of school or leaving of school by the insured person before the date of travel of the insured journey.
All insured reasons for cancellation can be found on Product Information.
Who is authorised to cancel?
The insurance covers the event for the insured person affected.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.