for your travel
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
Ms. O. books a 3-day city break to Rome. To make sure she is well protected, she takes out a CancellationCover policy. A week before the longed-for holiday her father has a heart attack and has to stay in intensive care. The holiday is immediately cancelled so that Ms O. can be with her father. The cancellation costs amount to 65% of the cost of the holiday. The costs, which amount to 725 Euros, are paid in full by Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Due to the current political and military situation, the sanctions, airspace closures and deactivated payment facilities we currently do not offer insurance for travel to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.
For any trip abroad please inform yourself also about the current country-specific security advices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-services/laender/
CancellationCover can also be taken out for business trips.
If you take out CancellationCover via our Internet site, your insurance policy and the complete information will be displayed for download immediately by way of confirmation. You will also receive your policy by email within the following few minutes.
The most important insured reasons for cancellation:
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious health consequences resulting from an accident or death of the insured person or family members. Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- existing illness of the insured person or family members, if it unexpectedly becomes medically acute
- significant material damage to the property of the insured person at one of their domiciles as a result of an act of God (flood, storm etc.), fire, burst water pipe or criminal act of a third party which requires their presence;
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer;
- Submission of a divorce or dissolution suit (in the case of amicable separation, the corresponding application) at the competent court or Giving up common place of residence before the insured joint trip of the affected spouse or life partner;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, or serious physical injury caused by an accident, of a dog, cat or horse (pets) whose permanent owner is the insured, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- neighbourly assistance by the insured in the event of a disaster;
All insured reasons for cancellation can be found on Product Information.
Who is authorised to cancel?
If an insured event occurs (e.g. a person falling sick), the following insured co-travellers can also cancel:
- family mambers of the insured person affected. Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- a maximum of six further persons per insured event.
Provided you have not started your trip, you can take out a CancellationCover policy. If you take out cover via the Internet site, your insurance policy and the complete Information will be displayed for download immediately by way of confirmation. You will also receive your policy by email within the following few minutes. Insurance policies with trip cancellation benefits must be taken out within 3 days of booking the trip at the latest. If the insurance is taken out after this date, trip cancellation insurance cover is only provided for events that occur from the 10th day after the insurance is taken out (excluding accident, death or Act of God). Please note the special provision on "Pregnancy" as the reason for cancellation, under Section 11 subsection 2.1.5. of Insurance Conditions.
For example: if you book your summer holiday in January and take out travel insurance on 1 March, the cover in respect of cancellation does not start until 11 March.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.