Allround Travel insurance
Important Information and Insurance Conditions
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
Overview of benefits
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption: with comprehensive reasons for cancellation and interruption
- Trip delay: additional costs for accommodation, meals and subsequent travel
- Travel luggage: new value cover in the event of damage or loss, reimbursement of costs in the event of delayed luggage
- Search and rescue: in the event of accident and distress at sea or in mountains up to 80,000 Euros
- Travel health insurance abroad: reimbursement of costs incurred, e.g. for outpatient and inpatient treatment up to 1,000,000 Euros, organisation and coverage of costs for transport home
- Travel personal liability for property damage and personal injury flat rate 500,000 Euros(of which property damage to rented rooms including inventory 25,000 Euros)
- Assistance in the event of arrest or threatened arrest abroad
- 24-hour emergency service and immediate assistance worldwide
What Europäische covers
Dietmar P. books a trip to the USA. He takes out a CompleteCover policy when he makes the booking. In the very first week of his holiday, Mr P. falls and breaks his leg above the knee. He is immediately taken to the nearest hospital, where he is given emergency medical treatment including an emergency operation. He is flown back to Austria by ambulance jet. The entire costs of 125,000 Euros, consisting of hospital costs (63,100 Euros) and the costs in regard to the ambulance jet (61,900 Euros), are paid for by Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Frequently asked questions
Due to the current political and military situation, the sanctions, airspace closures and deactivated payment facilities we currently do not offer insurance for travel to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.
For any trip abroad please inform yourself also about the current country-specific security advices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-services/laender/
If you unexpectedly fall ill during an insured trip, we reimburse the costs of inpatient treatment, even if the originally planned end of the trip has already passed, until we can transport you back to Austria.
The family tariff applies to up to 7 persons travelling together, not more than 2 of whom are adults (21th birthday before the date of the start of the trip).
These persons do not have to be related to each other. A joint residence is not required.
When the premium is being calculated the family tariff is automatically proposed if this is more favourable for you than the single tariff and you enter a maximum of 7 persons of whom not more than 2 are adults.
The most important insured reasons for cancellation are:
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious health consequences resulting from an accident or death of the insured person or family members. Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- existing illness of the insured person or family members, if it unexpectedly becomes medically acute
- significant material damage to the property of the insured person at one of their domiciles as a result of an act of God (flood, storm etc.), fire, burst water pipe or criminal act of a third party which requires their presence;
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer;
- Submission of a divorce or dissolution suit (in the case of amicable separation, the corresponding application) at the competent court or Giving up common place of residence before the insured joint trip of the affected spouse or life partner;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, or serious physical injury caused by an accident, of a dog, cat or horse (pets) whose permanent owner is the insured, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- neighbourly assistance by the insured in the event of a disaster;
All insured reasons for cancellation can be found on Product Information.
Who is authorised to cancel?
If an insured event occurs (e.g. a person falling sick), the following insured co-travellers can also cancel:
- family members of the insured person affected; Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adopted parents), the siblings, stepsiblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
- a maximum of six further persons per insured event.
With CompleteCover you can choose between “Europe” and “worldwide” as the area of validity.
The “Europe“ area of validity includes Europe in the geographical sense, all the Mediterranean states and islands, Jordan, Madeira, the Azores, the Canary Islands, with the exception of Belarus, Russia, Syria and Crimea.
These states are, precisely: Egypt; Albania; Algeria; Andorra; Belgium; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Denmark including the Faroe Islands (not Greenland); Germany; Estonia; Finland; France (excluding the overseas territories); Greece; Great Britain and Northern Island including the Shetland Islands, the Orkney Islands, Gibraltar, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man; Ireland; Iceland; Israel including the Gaza strip, West Jordan and the Golan Heights; Italy; Jordan; Kosovo; Croatia; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxemburg; Macedonia; Malta; Morocco (not the western Sahara occupied by Morocco); Moldavia; Monaco; Montenegro; the Netherlands; Norway including Spitzbergen; Bear Island and Jan Mayen Island; Austria; Poland; Portugal including Madeira and the Azores; Romania; San Marino; Sweden; Switzerland; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain including the Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla; Syria; the Czech Republic; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; Hungary; the Vatican State; Cyprus.
“Worldwide” applies globally with the exception of Afghanistan, Belarus, Myanmar (Burma), Iran, Crimea, North Korea, Russia, Syria and Venezuela.
Provided you have not started your trip, you can take out a CompleteCover policy. If you take out cover via the Internet site, your insurance policy and the complete Information will be displayed for download immediately by way of confirmation. You will also receive your policy by email within the following few minutes. Insurance policies with trip cancellation benefits must be taken out within 3 days of booking the trip at the latest. If the insurance is taken out after this date, trip cancellation insurance cover is only provided for events that occur from the 10th day after the insurance is taken out (excluding accident, death or Act of God). Please note the special provision on "Pregnancy" as the reason for cancellation, under Section 11 subsection 2.1.5. of Insurance Conditions.
For example: if you book your summer holiday in January and take out travel insurance on 1 March, the cover in respect of cancellation does not start until 11 March.
If you take out CompleteCover via our Internet site, your insurance policy and the complete information will be displayed for download immediately by way of confirmation. You will also receive your policy by email within the following few minutes.
CompleteCover can also be taken out for business trips. Please note however that CompleteCover does not provide any cover for business luggage and manual activities that have to be carried out during the trip for professional reasons.
If you are looking for a product that offers cover in this situation also, we recommend our annual product Annual-CompleteCover extended with the additional package "Business luggage & manual activity".
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our Newsletter Community!
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 55,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.