Event Ticket Cancellation Cover
for a concert or a series of events
Insurance companies are obliged to create and list the most important product information for legal reasons. The following link takes you to the product information area, where we summarize everything about this travel insurance: the Insurance Product Information document, Coverage description with insured benefits and premiums, Terms and Conditions as well as the information on the right of withdrawal, complaint options and data processing.
Due to the current political and military situation, the sanctions, airspace closures and deactivated payment facilities we currently do not offer insurance for travel to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.
For any trip abroad please inform yourself also about the current country-specific security advices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-services/laender/
If you take out Event Ticket Cancellation Cover via our Internet site, your insurance policy will be displayed immediately by way of confirmation. You will also receive your policy by email within the following few minutes. In your insurance policy you will find full information on the insurance you have taken out, and the link to the information sheet, so that you can call up full information on the product at any time.
The list of all insured reasons for cancellation can be found in Product information. The most important reasons are:
- unexpected serious illness, serious health consequences resulting from an accident or death of the insured person or family members. Family member means a spouse (or registered partner or cohabiting partner), children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children, adopted children), parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents, adoptive parents), siblings, stepbrothers and sisters-in-law of the insured person; for a registered partner or cohabiting partner living in the same household, this also includes their children, parents and siblings.
- serious damage to your property at the place of residence as a result of act of God or criminal act of a third party;
- traffic accident involving the private vehicle on the direct way to the booked event.
Who is authorised to cancel?
If an insured event occurs (e.g. a person falling sick), the following insured co-travellers can also cancel:
- family members of the insured person affected;
- a maximum of three additional persons per insured event.
The Event Ticket Cancellation Cover must be taken out before the start of the booked event. If you take out cover via the Internet site, your insurance policy will be immediately displayed and sent to you by email by way of confirmation.
The insurance must be taken out within 3 days of booking the tickets at the latest. If the insurance is taken out after this date, insurance cover is only provided for events that occur from the 10th day after the insurance is taken out (excluding accident, death or act of god). Please note the special provision for "Pregnancy" as the reason for cancellation, under Section 6 subsection 2.3.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.