Report damage & documents
Trip interruption Claiming
- proof of insurance, which means for credit cardholders: copy of one monthly statement dated within 3 months prior the claim
- Online Claim Report or Claim Form Cancellation, completed in full; if you are only interrupting a hotel stay, please use the Claim Form for hotel bookings
- booking confirmation
- receipts concerning the additional return journey costs (e.g. flight rebooking) or
- confirmation of departure (e.g. by the hotel)
- documents concerning the event insured against (e.g. detailed medical certificate or accident report of the doctor treating you on site , death certificate)
As each claim is individually different please be advised that further documents may be required as needed.
You can make your claim online including document upload and by email or post.
You are very welcome to initiate the claims process by telephone, but we must ask that you follow up by submitting the claim in writing.
As it is in both of our interests, we ask that you make any claims as soon as possible, although you do, in principle, have 3 years from the date of the incident to make the claim or to provide additional documentation.
Whether other people who are covered by the policy can cancel depends on the product you have chosen. You will find details relating to this in your insurance terms. Alternatively, please contact our contract management team by phone for advice +43 1 317 25 00.
Each and every claim has to be proven. You will e.g. have to provide a doctor’s note if you are forced to cancel due to illness, a police report in the event of theft, or the corresponding invoice for medical expenses incurred while at your holiday destination. You will find all the relevant information under the menu item ‘Trip Cancellation’.
If the cancellation is covered, we will generally pay the cancellation fees, i.e. the costs incurred at the time at which you are declared unfit to travel. Should you incur higher cancellation fees by waiting, we will not cover the difference. If you are unsure, please use our ‘Cancellation Check’ service.
Please contact the parties you made your booking with (e. g. travel agency, hotel).
It is best to use the online damage report as described above. It explains step by step what we need from you so that we can process your claim as automatically as possible. If this is not an option for you, an alternative would be to download the corresponding pdf here, fill it out and report your damage to us by email or post.
Tele-Traveldoc and Emergency App
- Enter your policy number. In an emergency, it will be transmitted along with your current address via GPS tracking
- The shortest connection to the emergency call center, works even without internet access
- Tele-Traveldoc, a 24/7 connection to the Austrian doctor for quick medical advice when travelling
- Simple and quick transmission of a claim
Become part of our newsletter community with more than 60,000 experienced travelers who regularly read our travel tips and information! Find out everything about travel safety and travel preparation, regular travel tips from experts and important events around the world. Note: This service is available in German.