What has to be done if claim occurs?

Reporting your damage online will help you to claim your rights quickly and unbureaucratically and there is also an option of uploading documents. We will contact you as soon as we have processed your complete application. Below you will find a detailed list of the documents and information that we need for claims processing, as well as our contact options, with just one click. This applies e.g. B. for a trip cancellation or the submission of a doctor's bill for outpatient treatment abroad.


Frequently asked questions

How do I make a claim?

You can make your claim online including document upload and by email or post.

How and where can I make a claim online?

To make a claim online please follow  Start your claim

I would like to make a claim by telephone.

You are very welcome to initiate the claims process by telephone, but we must ask that you follow up by submitting the claim in writing.

What email address can I send my claim to?

Please send your correspondence to schaden@europaeische.at.

How long do I have to make a claim/send documents?

As it is in both of our interests, we ask that you make any claims as soon as possible, although you do, in principle, have 3 years from the date of the incident to make the claim or to provide additional documentation.

I need to cancel the trip, does this only apply to me or can other people also cancel?

Whether other people who are covered by the policy can cancel depends on the product you have chosen. You will find details relating to this in your insurance terms. Alternatively, please contact our contract management team by phone for advice +43 1 317 25 00.

Where can I find the claim forms?

The claim forms can be found at Downloads.

I need to cancel my trip due to illness. Why do I need to see a doctor if bed rest and medication are sufficient?

Each and every claim has to be proven. You will e.g. have to provide a doctor’s note if you are forced to cancel due to illness, a police report in the event of theft, or the corresponding invoice for medical expenses incurred while at your holiday destination.  You will find all the relevant information under the menu item ‘Trip Cancellation’.

Will I have to advance the money when I see a doctor abroad?

If you see a doctor, please pay the costs yourself up front. Find out about the procedure under the menu item ‘Service’ and ‘Outpatient treatment’. If you are admitted to hospital as an inpatient, please contact our 24-HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE at: +43 1 50 444 00.

If my doctor says I am unfit to travel, will I have to cancel straight away or can I wait to see whether I get better?

If the cancellation is covered, we will generally pay the cancellation fees, i.e. the costs incurred at the time at which you are declared unfit to travel. Should you incur higher cancellation fees by waiting, we will not cover the difference. If you are unsure, please use our ‘Cancellation Check’ service. 

Who do I need to arrange my cancellation with?

Please contact the parties you made your booking with (e. g. travel agency, hotel).



please fill in your policy data, it will be transferred together with your GPS-located address in case of emergency

The shortest connection to our emergency center, works even offline without internet access

Reisedoc, 24/7 connection to Austrian medical advice abroad

Simple and quick claims notification